New roofing gives you the opportunity to cut cooling costs while improving curb appeal and resale value.
New roofing probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind while thinking about home improvements. Most certainly not the most exciting. Most of us think of a new roof like we would central air or a water heater – why fix what is not broken. However, the costs of waiting until you have a leaky roof could be devastating. And although not sexy, a new roof can significantly increase home value. Research done by Remodeling Magazine reveals that having new roofing installed can have a big impact on home value – specifically on home resale value.
Remodeling Magazine scores new roofing scores high in recent cost vs. value survey
Every year, Remodeling Magazine conducts an extensive survey that compares the return on investment for a wide range of home improvements. Bathroom remodels, basement finishing, new decks, replacement windows and garage additions are among the many remodeling projects included in the survey. According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2013 Cost vs. Value Report, a new roof increases home resale value by a national average of nearly $12,000. The survey also revealed that homeowners who have new roofing installed can expect to recover an average of 62.9% of the installation cost through increased home value. This statistic puts new roofing ahead of building a bathroom addition or a master suite addition in terms of ROI.
5 Reasons to Install a New Roof
- Improved resale value. As mentioned above, a new roof increases home value by almost $12,000, according to the latest cost vs. value survey.
- Excellent appearance upgrade. New architectural-grade asphalt shingles provide texture and color options that are truly amazing. Who would have thought you could duplicate the appearance of a rustic slate roof using asphalt shingles? It’s possible with the selection of high-grade asphalt shingles available today.
- Longer warranties. Standard warranties for asphalt shingles used to be 15-20 years. Premium-quality asphalt shingles today offer warranties as long as 50 years.
- Cool roof technology. Believe it or not, some types of asphalt roof shingles have an ENERGY STAR® rating because they are designed to reflect solar heat, thereby reducing cooling costs.
- Avoiding building inspection issues. When a house goes on the market, the roof is one of the most visible features –not just to prospective home buyers but also to building appraisers and inspectors. A roof in poor condition can stop a home sale dead in its tracks. That’s why it’s smart to replace an old roof with a new one.
A new roof is a big investment and you should take the time to find a trustworthy contractor to complete the job. Never sacrificing quality for price. How much should you expect a new roof cost? The investment varies depending on your location, dimensions, the pitch and slope of your existing roof, the age of your house and access. Call Total Home Roofing to get a free, no obligation estimate.
About Total Home Roofing: Total Home Roofing is a Residential and Commercial roofing company based in Rockledge, FL, founded in 2006, Total Home roofing has over 150 employees and 3 Central Florida offices in Winter Park, Rockledge and Daytona. Serving all od Central Florida; Brevard County FL, Orange and Seminole Counties FL, Volusia County FL. Orlando, Daytona & Coco Beach Roofing Company.